Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Virtual Reality Street View


The Oculus Google Street Viewer is a link that has been sitting in my bookmark folder for a while. While the app looked impressive, and I was sure something clever was probably going on, I had no idea what it was actually for. Little did I know that the clue was in the name and I just needed to Google 'Oculus' - doh!

Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset, designed to give video game players a truly immersive experience. So, if you are one of the few people who actually own your own virtual reality headset, you can now explore Google Maps Street View with the Oculus Google Street Viewer.

The rest of us will just have to squint our eyes and pretend.  

Hat-tip: Google Street View World

1 comment:

Pet Shipping said...

It's so great. It makes me see places like I'm in there.