Monday, May 06, 2013

Gaming Street View


Since finding Ian Butterworth's Here Comes the Sun last week I've been having a lot of fun playing around with Google Maps Street View and CSS filters in Chrome.  

Over the weekend I hacked together a little game I'm calling Blurrd. In the game the player is presented with a series of blurred Street View images. The object of the game is to press the 'reveal' button and try to guess the location before the image becomes completely clear.

The game only works in Chrome!

As ever I got bored with this project before I finished it off. The game really needs a scoring system to make it truly fun. My plan was to add a timer and to award scores based on the amount of time left when each image is correctly identified. I doubt I'll ever get around to completing this - so if there any developers out there interested in this then feel free to clone the game and add your own scoring system.

No comments: